Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Night to Remember.


When I first saw these pictures I was all OMG the crazy, or enthusiastic as Clay likes to say, Claymates found his Manhattan apartment and have shown up all Britney Spears paparazzi like but dang he looks awfully happy for having that happen.

It's been ten days since Clay's last show of Spamalot. He certainly made it one to remember. Well, I wasn't there May fourth but you better believe I knew what was going on! And I must say, it was probably the craziest show the cast will ever have. For the few people that were there to actually see just the show they were all probably like... what the heck is going on? And for the love of keep quiet so we can hear the dialog for goodness sake! But apparently the actors had to do a lot of pausing in between lines to cheer and such, the audience, not the actors. Not just for Clay but for EVERYONE. That makes me happy.

Most excitedly it was the stage door. The entire alley was crammed with people. I think people were told there would be no evening stage door after the matinee that day but no matter... party in the Shubert Alley!

Apparently there was a photographer up on the roof of the theater taking pictures of the packed alley. Now picture one of those I-have-a-brilliant-idea light bulbs over Clay's head, or don't, but soon after, the crowd saw Jerome up there checking out the scene and you KNOW what that means. Yep. A few minutes later Clay shows up greeting the crowd. It was freakin awesome. I wish I was there. I weeped softly in both happiness and sadness. Maybe.

The perfect ending to a wonderful few months of Spamalot.
---

There was an article the other day on Variety.com about Broadway ticket sales.

Terrence Howard's return to "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" ($682,690) brought some heat back to the box office as the show rose more than $175,000, the largest jump of the frame.

On the other hand, the departure of American Idol alum Clay Aiken from "Monty Python's Spamalot" ($519,454) caused sales for the tuner to plummet by more than $300,000, the steepest slide of the sesh.

Now I don't follow ticket sales but I'm pretty dang sure that's not good. New York is a quieter place now folks. Not to say quiet, just quieter. No more Clay fans screaming all fan-girly like when a bus with a Spamalot advertisement passes, followed by chasing it down the street praying your camera is on and ready, while people give you the "this girl is insane" look while wondering if she's really going to cross that crosswalk without looking for any crazy taxi drivers that really don't care if people are in the middle of the road. Not that I know this happened or anything. ::whistles::

Clay's run on Broadway was a time to remember. And should he ever decide to do it again I will start searching for a Manhattan apartment the day before it is announced, then spend my life fortune to go see it every other night.

In other news, don't expect to see me at any activities or parties anymore, I have to save money on gas so I can get a life fortune started.

No comments: