Monday, May 19, 2008

Air conditioning and turn signals

I made a comment the other night about how I was not going to use my air conditioning this summer because of gas prices. One of the few facts I know is that air conditioning eats up gas at a pretty fair rate. That's correct right? Or is one of my few facts wrong? You know what, I don't want to know. If I'm wrong keep it to yourself. Anyhoo. It eats up gas at a fair enough rate, at least a rate to not want to use it. However, upon thinking about this comment I realize that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever said. I'm not kidding. Gas prices whatever roll up the windows and turn on the air! Or if you don't want to roll up the windows to give the illusion that you're saving money that's fine, but I get shotgun and turn it on anyway so I can have the cool air blowing in my face. Point being, I take that comment back. Not that anyone cares, I'm just sayin.


On to turn signals.


It hasn't been that long since I got my driver's license. Or something like that. I don't know. I was like 79 when I finally got it so it seems like it hasn't been that long. I think. But I know when you get your license there's something on there about turn signals. Besides the body, and engine, and wheels, and all of the other pieces that make the car actually move, they seem to be a pretty important part. I'm assuming since they always make you turn them on and off every time you get your oil changed and then tell you it's illegal to drive without the blinky light and charge you an outrageous price for another light bulb the size of you finger. If it wasn't for the good looking guy who gave me a discount I would have refused.


But I digress.


Turn signals are used in the manner that their name describes. They signal when you are going to turn. Now as stated, or implied, above, I really don't remember what was said about turn signals on the driver's ed test. Although does anyone really? The only thing I know about when to use it is when you are about 100 feet from the distance you want to turn. Which that amount of distance may be completely wrong. The only reason I know that is from when Hillary Duff was on Punk'd and she was 16 or something and getting her driver's license. I don't remember exactly what was going on, I'm guessing she was probably about to turn on to another street, and upon being asked she stated that you were supposed to signal about 200 feet before the turn. The guy who was assisting in the Punk then corrected her and said it was 100 feet. So although we know that everything on television is the absolute truth, it could be neither.


Either way, the point is to signal well before you turn so those behind can prepare for the action. If it's two in the morning and no one is in the vicinity don't worry about it, or even if it's daylight and there aren't any cars around, feel free to save your ears from the annoying ticking that the action ignites. But for the love of, if there's someone two feet behind you, I might be exaggerating, turn it on so those around know what is about to occur. kthanx.

In other news, after listening to On My Way Here a few ::mumblemumble:: times I have finally started to write my review. I have a feeling it may take awhile though. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Definitely gonna recommend this post to a few friends