Monday, May 12, 2008

I got to work the other day and look what I see...




Yes, you read that right. I am the 30 day star of my team! I'm not exactly sure of the requirements for such an honor, but nonetheless, my name is on the wall and I am proud of it! Of course, not knowing the requirements, I had to consider what the different reasons are and how I got this honor.

1. POC percentage - this is the percentage of claims you take in relation to the amount of calls. Ideally you open and close a claim on every call. This is unfortunate because that means you can't pace around in your little cubicle decorated with Spamalot and Clay Aiken concert stubs while on calls because you're constantly typing. Many claims you can't close due to farther research needed, others don't even need a claim because the customer called our department in error, or was transferred by a banker because they didn't know what to do. But the more claims you open and close the better.


My POC rate is pretty dang good.


2. Average handle time - this includes three parts; time spent on a call, after call work (acw) and hold time. They like handle time to be about 6 minutes 40 seconds. Or something like that.


My April AHT was spot on. Go me.


3. Utilization percentage - this is the percentage of time spent on a call to the amount that you are in acw and breaks. Utilization should be AT LEAST 65%. The higher the better. For example, a 5.5 minute call and 1 minute acw is fantastic!


I fail in this. My utilization is pretty much crap because my time on a call is usually too low, thus I try to bump my handle time up by hanging out in acw, which drops utilization. It's a vicious cycle and totally not fair I say. They blocked The Clayboard a couple weeks ago which was beyond tragic. They also blocked fark.com this past weekend which was not as tragic but just plain annoying. So now my after call work consists of twiddling my thumbs, writing this blog, and being just plain bored. Not to say blog writing is horrible, but The Clayboard was just something to keep a smile on my face. Sometimes. Other days it's just plain impossible.


4. Random picking.


Personally I vote that it's random picking. Why you ask? Because I'm almost the last person of our team to have their name taped up on that pretty star. Psh. From such a wonderful score card I should have been up there first. I'm just sayin.


Either way it's still spiffy and now I have the picture to add to my resume. I'll just print it up on a post-it note and "accidentally" have it stuck on the front of the paper when I take them to interviews. I'm sure it's a guaranteed $1000 salary increase. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: