Monday, April 11, 2011

My one month Jonas-a-versary

I regret, but not really, that I must interrupt my Clay roadtrip blogs to wish Susette and myself a Happy one month Jonas-a-versary. What is a Jonas-a-versary you ask? Well, it's basically the same as an anniversary. Or a friendaversary. Or some say friend-a-versary. It is googleable so it's a completely valid term. As for a Jonas-a-versary, we are celebrating our one month fandom to the Jonas Brothers.

It begins through some text messages from Susette while she was home sick watching Netflix and a "recommend" came up after she had finished a movie.

That recommend was the Disney TV series "Jonas". Two very important text messages follow:

March 9, 2011 3:11 pm

"I'm watching Jonas. The tv show the brothers by that name have apparently. Lol it is... bad. Lol but entertaining :-)"

March 9, 2011 5:37 pm

"K. So I have a feeling you'd like this Jonas show. Lol"

March 10, 2011

I gain exclusive access to Netflix so I can watch said TV show "Jonas".

March 11, 2011

A new chapter in my life begins. The Jonas Brothers made an appearance on my computer screen for the first time.

Actually that's not entirely true. They had made an appearance when they made a cameo on a Hannah Montana episode but I didn't know who they were at the time and I didn't give it a second thought to find out. I suppose I figured it was a boy band aimed towards tweens and not worth the time.

So there, or here, I was watching this silly TV series about these guys that call themselves the Jonas Brothers. I had to admit, the music was kind of catchy. So it was time to google. And youtube. And wikipedia. And youtube. And youtube.

I would like to put for the record. Clay Aiken has the voice and is undeniable in that department of talent; and for that I'm sure his blogs will remain numerous. No getting out of that one. ;-) But then you have the Jonas Brothers, who are in fact brothers. They play their own instruments, they write their own songs, they actually wrote and recorded their third studio album on a bus (courtesy of Gibson) while on tour with their second album.

The question: How did I miss this great talent until one month ago? With four studio albums, world tours, a TV series, two movies (Camp Rock and Camp Rock 2), obviously plenty of talk shows.... what happened?

The answer: I have no idea. At. all.

So this past month I've been catching up on all that I've missed. You may not believe this, because it actually is quite unbelievable, but I haven't listened to much of anything, not even Clay!, for the past month. Ok, scratch that. I don't want to lie. I haven't listened to anything but Jonas for the past month.

Tomorrow will be past my one month mark of constant Jonas though so maybe I'll shuffle in more music on my iphone. Maybe. Probably not tomorrow.

In other news, thanks to Jonas (credit given mostly to Nick), I have been inspired to once and for all learn the guitar. My fingers have been in much pain writing this blog....

HAPPY JONAS-A-VERSARY SUSETTE!



1 comment:

susette said...

happy jonas-a-versary, mel! loved the entry :D