Friday, April 22, 2011

A morning to never be recycled. Hopefully.

Something I learned yesterday morning... Even though a roommate may appear to be peacefully sleeping as I go downstairs to pour some cereal (sadly I was fresh out of Corn Pops) one should still be prepared to see her barrelling down the stairs, running full speed through the kitchen, and out to the garage for some unexplained reason while I'm still preparing said cereal. It was quite amazing really.

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long for an explanation as there came a sort of frustrated scream coming back through the garage door. So much for peaceful.

As it turned out, our household had failed the responsibility of putting out the recycling bin for the second week in a row. Jennie remembered though, partially by the sound of the recycling truck driving past. I was impressed. I can hardly wake up to my alarm that is right next to my head, while she can wake up to a truck driving past our house.

There was an attempt made to roll the bin to the other side of the street but the only response Jennie got was a friendly wave from the driver. With hope lost, it was decided we would have to put our recyclables in bags until the next pickup. And on with our day we went. Until....

I hear the truck rolling back up the road! Since when does the recycling truck go around the neighborhood twice? After our lengthy discussion over left over cereal milk and Oreos it was clearly imperative that we get that recycle bin out. And now there was a restored hope that we would prevail! Getting ready for work and whatever Jennie was doing was put on hold when I yelled for Jennie that the truck was coming back. In some sort of confusion as to why the recyclers, or the collectors for the recyclers, were back we go outside and ponder out loud what to do. They were stopped at our neighbors house so should we wave them down? Run down and ask if they would come back? Should we just take the bin and roll it down to them? So many options to sort out in a short period of time as now the truck was three houses down. And then it was decided. We were going to just roll it down and see what happened. We were on a mission to get this recycling out and we was going to succeed dang it! Either that or fail... we'd have to wait and see.

So Jennie took the job of rolling while I supported her from behind. We got a slightly weird, but friendly enough look from the passenger of the truck, but they took it for us. Success! With the added bonus of none of our neighbors peering out at us running down the street. I don't think...


*

*This photo is a reenactment

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I simply want to offer you a big thumbs up for your excellent information you've got right here on this post. I am returning to your website for more soon.

Also visit my website ... クリスチャンルブタン