Tuesday, May 03, 2011

My journey to NYC - Jonas style

So we all remember how I've been wanting to move to NYC right? Ok well an update. With my departments blessing, and my own personal blessings, I plan to start applying to positions within Chase in August so I can FINALLY make the move to my favorite city ever. That being said, I'm still in Texas just working.

Now that we have a solid and informational preface... Today at work my friend Susette decided she was going to write a paragraph using just lyrics from the Jonas Brothers songs. Fun right? Ok, fun for her. And decidedly me. On lunch I had time to listen to 15 songs. Two of them were instrumental so 13 songs. I grabbed a few lines from each song that I thought could work in a paragraph. And *poof*. I came up with a perfectly cohesive (ish?) paragraph about my life and NYC using just lines from Jonas Brothers songs. I got really lucky with the New York line which is how I got a foundation.

Here goes:

Where would we be if we couldn’t dream? I’ll never change my ways, It’s not a phase. Everybody knows it’s true. I’ve found a place where my heart will stay. New York’s cash, but that’s ok. Everyone knows it’s meant to be. I’ve been making lots of plans. One day at a time, try to kill the time. But my feelings never change. I try to live without regrets. Something’s creeping inside, everything is about to change. Building up the strength to say. Are you ready to rock and roll. Don’t hit the brake, no time to waste now. This is critical, yeah. Listen to me now. If you hear my cry, running through the streets. I’m about to freak, come rescue me.


Songs in playing order (though not sentence order):

I Am What I Am
Just Friends
Sorry
One Day At A Time
Conspiracy Theory (Nick Jonas and the Administration)
Australia
But My Feelings Never Change (Camp Rock 2 soundtrack)
Critical
Make It Right
I Left My Heart In Scandinavia
Live To Party
That's Just The Way We Roll
Paranoid

No comments: