Monday, March 09, 2009

Please don't run into me.

Saturday was an interesting day. And when I say interesting I mean OMG I’m going to die in my new Nissan Sentra that I just bought three days ago. Which I guess we should talk about that first right? My nice little 1998 Honda Civic died on me the poor thing. The cause you ask? Ohio weather. Kind of ironic right? More specifically the winter weather with all the salt on the roads. Three main, apparently important, pipes under the car rusted out and needed replacing. Add that to the 20 other things (give or take a few) that were wrong with the car and I felt it time to get something newer and healthier. So I bargained my way into a 2006 Nissan Sentra. Of course I wanted another Honda but they were just too expensive for my measley income. My new car is nice though.

But Saturday. I had to make another trip to the dealership, Honda if you were curious, for them to adjust one of my headlights and pick up my sad Honda; aptly named Don. They gave him a car wash though which was awesome. He's so clean now! Just in time for me to sell him. Anyhoo.

I was driving to the dealership with one of my roommates. We were almost there and then.... whoa! Say hello to a white SUV coming in my lane about to run over, or into, my much smaller new car! I had a delay in response because I had never used the horn before. In the mean time my roommate and I let out girly screams (thankfully we're girls) as my roommate grabs onto me as if that's going to save us from a car wreck. Thankfully however the lady realized we were there and pulled back over. I thought I was going to have a heart attack directly following the incident. The lady did feel bad though. She decided to not pull over into our lane and instead drove up next to us and waved and said sorry. That was nice I suppose.

So it was an adventure. One I hopefully will never have to make again.

No comments: