Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Plastic frames, wire frames, no frames oh my!

There are many things in this world that I can be decisive about. Asparagus or green beans? Do I want to go to work or stay home? Should I wait to buy tickets to Spamalot or buy them two seconds after they go on sale even though I have no money for food, no money to get there and no idea what it costs for a Manhatten hotel? These things are very simple decisions to make.

And then there is the process of buying glasses. Now I’ve been wearing glasses since second grade so I’ve had some experience in that department and I will admit that I’m not as decisive when the occasion arises. This time however I was ready. I went to lenscrafters.com and looked at all the frames. All of the modern and trendy and office and old lady reading glasses. I knew what was there and I was ready! But funny because when we got to the store none of the glasses looked familiar. Had I gone to the wrong website or was I in the wrong store? Either way it was a new search, and all preparedness was lost. Back to being indecisive. Thankfully my roommate Laura was there to help me out and tell me which was best, afterwhich I had to ask every single employee there what they thought just in case Laura was wrong. But I had found the perfect pair and it was time for my eye exam!

1 or 2? 2. 1 or 2? 1. 1 or 2? They look the same. 1 or 2? 3? 1 or 2? Oh for the love of…

Exam done and it was time to decide on how I wanted my insurance to be applied. Indecisiveness returns. But wait! My glasses will cost 500 DOLLARS OMG WHAT?!?

I’ll just get the contacts kthanx.

No comments: