Thursday, June 25, 2009

What a day!

The most exciting... I got most of my Chase systems online so I can start getting away from those old school WaMu programs, systems and policies. It's a simple sentence but it's so much more exciting then it sounds.

Other noteworthy happenings of the day... in order of how they happened.

1. Farrah Fawcett died.
2. Michael Jackson died. Notably a couple weeks before his London comeback tour.
3. I catch up on the news and find that Governor Strickland is trying to cut library funding by 50%.
4. I email Governor Strickland

Normally I wouldn't add such negative or sad happenings in a blog but it's a memorable day that should be remembered.

Also. Have I mentioned how odd Texas weather is? Here's something new. I walked out of work today and find it to smell AND feel like a rainy day in Ohio. Combined with a very hot sunny sky. Got that? Sunny. And hot. With a strong smell of rain. Apparently it did rain though so at least it explains a little bit. Texas is wierd.

1 comment:

susette said...

texas is weird.

so what were you doing when you found out about mj? just curious. i got a text from gina saying, "yoga is cancelled tonight since i will be mourning the loss of the king of pop, michael jackson," while i was doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen. i was quite distraught and still somewhat am.