Monday, April 27, 2009

Everyone needs a little creativity in life.

I signed up for a writing course today with Gotham Writers. They're based out of NYC but have online courses as well. Although I'm sure it's not the cheapest online writing course, they have good ratings on Yelp.com and a "test class" to see how the course works. Now, you may be wondering, if I graduated from OSU as an English major why the heck am I paying more money for a writing class. That's a valid thing to wonder about.

I decided that since I have to work a mundane 9-5 job for at least a couple more years, I need a little something else in life. Something to spark creative juices; if I have any that is. So I decided a writing course was the way to go. Hopefully. If not I just threw away some money that could easily go towards a couple months of Texas rate car insurance.

The class starts May 5th and is a ten week course. If my blog writing improves, we know it's working as I will be learning (or relearning) writing skills. Although if my blog gets worse, it could also be working since I'll probably put more time into the required coursework. I'll keep you updated.

In other news: I've been home sick in bed all day... I bet you were wondering how you were so lucky to get two blogs in the same day.

1 comment:

JD Stein said...

I've heard good things about Gotham Writers Workshop. I enjoyed dinner the other night.